Help Us Grow
Our 10 favorite reasons to be a Locavore:
Fresh – You can’t get fresher than today’s harvest.
- Taste – Food picked today tastes better than food picked two weeks ago.
- Nutrition – Food picked more recently has a higher nutritional value.
- Natural – Local food is more likely to be organic or grown without pesticides.
- Local – Buying local food supports your neighbors and the local economy.
- Variety – Discover vegetables you didn’t know existed because they’re in season.
- Stewardship – Protect local farmland for the next generations
- Environmentally friendly – You don’t need fuel for ferries and trucks for transport.
- Self Reliance – Regional food production systems connect producers and consumers.
- Community – By strengthening your local food network you enhance and maintain your quality of life.
Ways to join the local food Movement
And, of course, your support makes our support possible.
When you make a monthly donation, no matter how big or small, you become a fundamental thread in the Lopez food-safety net.
You can also rest assured that 100% of your donations will go to fund local initiatives that support food security on Lopez Island. Cross our hearts.