Help Us Grow
Our 10 favorite reasons to be a Locavore:
- Fresh – You can’t get fresher than today’s harvest.
- Taste – Fresh food tastes best.
- Nutrition – Food picked more recently has a higher nutritional value.
- Natural – Local food is more likely to be organic or grown without pesticides.
- Local – Buying local food supports your neighbors and the local economy.
- Variety – Discover vegetables you didn’t know existed.
- Stewardship – Protect local farmland for the next generations
- Environmentally friendly – You don’t need fuel for ferries and trucks for transport.
- Self Reliance – Regional food production systems connect producers and consumers.
- Community – By strengthening your local food network you enhance and maintain your quality of life.